The Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer is probably my most favorite thing from E3 2019.
There’s always a spaceship. There’s always a man. There’s always a Shepard.
Video games and me have a relationship that is much like the ebb and flow of the tides. There are times where I am gung-ho and play video games every evening; other times where my interest wanes and I will occasionally pick up a game. No matter what season I am in with my hobby, I do find one constant, I continue to read video game news.
Yesterday, Nintendo took the stage at E3 and announced:
- Multiple Zelda titles across all Nintendo platforms
- A 25th Anniversary Zelda Concert Series (TBA)
- Assured continued support for the 3DS
- and…the Wii U?
- How many Wii U controllers can be used at the same time?
- Will the controller be sold separately?
- Can I take the controller and use it on the go (since the system was not designed to be portable)?
- What does the physical media look like?
- Will my Virtual Console purchases transfer over to the Wii U system?
- Can the Wii U play Gamecube games like the Wii?
Living in the innovative shadow of the Wii, the Wii U certainly looks like the next evolutionary step forward for Nintendo. I look forward to hearing more about the system and finding out if I need to sell one kidney or two to obtain one. My interest is certainly piqued for the moment, the tide is rising.
Super Mario on the 3DS looks like the next logical evolution for the series. I’m almost tempted to ask for a 3DS now…almost.
I remember standing in line at E3 for the first Luigi’s Mansion. Brings back a lot of memories…