Video games and me have a relationship that is much like the ebb and flow of the tides. There are times where I am gung-ho and play video games every evening; other times where my interest wanes and I will occasionally pick up a game. No matter what season I am in with my hobby, I do find one constant, I continue to read video game news.
Yesterday, Nintendo took the stage at E3 and announced:
- Multiple Zelda titles across all Nintendo platforms
- A 25th Anniversary Zelda Concert Series (TBA)
- Assured continued support for the 3DS
- and…the Wii U?
- How many Wii U controllers can be used at the same time?
- Will the controller be sold separately?
- Can I take the controller and use it on the go (since the system was not designed to be portable)?
- What does the physical media look like?
- Will my Virtual Console purchases transfer over to the Wii U system?
- Can the Wii U play Gamecube games like the Wii?
Living in the innovative shadow of the Wii, the Wii U certainly looks like the next evolutionary step forward for Nintendo. I look forward to hearing more about the system and finding out if I need to sell one kidney or two to obtain one. My interest is certainly piqued for the moment, the tide is rising.