In between craziness at work, change at church, and the unknown of adoption, I have to admit that I have been thinking a lot:
- Reassessing my career (updating my resume)
- Trying to figure out what God is saying after my church voted 93% in favor of our interim pastor
- Wondering how long it will take to be placed with a child (we keep hearing 2 years)
With all these swirling thoughts, I got thinking about JohnnyBGamer. I love how the site has morphed into more of a personal blog for me. I especially need a place, right now, to work through thoughts and share ideas. But I got thinking about the idea for a gaming-based ministry, God gave me long ago. An idea that never included:
- Articles on discernment
- Answering questions such as: Can Christians do ____________?
- Finding a spiritual bridge between whatever game I’m playing and connecting it back to a spiritual truth (no matter how weak the link)
- Justifying why I’m playing (insert game here)
I think I got lost somewhere between the idea of being a combo of a Christian Gamespot mixed with what would later become GameChurch. Somewhere along the way, I got wrapped up in running a Christian video game Facebook group (which I stepped down from last year) and wanting to compete with GameChurch (which has since become something else). I forgot that God never called me to be this online thing. He always has shown me that it is more about building relationships than playing games. The games are simply a gateway to making friends and having a conversation. People are the focus.
I’m not sure what any of the above means moving forward. But I am thankful to be able to put into words what has happened over the years. I lost the plot.