1. Promote a positive group culture by embracing a simple tagline that explains the rules – “Be excellent to one another.”
2. Recruit moderators that help shape conversations/discussions. Example: Ask followup questions and “like” responses.
KEY: Moderators are not policeman.
3. Allow conversations to run their course even if the discussion becomes uncomfortable.
4. Never threaten to ban people (see #3 above). Extend grace. If needed, talk to individuals one-on-one for clarification.
5. Growth is not measured by members added but by the conversations had.
So have fun. Ask big questions. Cultivate a group that you’d want to hang out with in real life.