Friday nights have become movie nights in the Hall household.
Since my last post on Avengers: Age of Ultron, we have watched Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, and Doctor Strange. The Hall’s journey through the Marvel movies looks something like this:
Iron Man (2008) The Incredible Hulk (2008) – Skipped. Iron Man 2 (2010) Thor (2011) Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) Iron Man 3 (2013) Thor: The Dark World (2013) – Skipped. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – Skipped. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) Ant-Man (2015) Captain America: Civil War (2016) Doctor Strange (2016) Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017) – Skipped Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
Avengers: Endgame (2019) Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- Ant-Man has been Wyatt’s favorite Marvel movie so far.
- Watching the Marvel movies in order, I have loved Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain American: Civil War (two movies I had previously disliked). These films are amazing in how they build on one another. And yes, Tony Stark is 100% a jerk by the end of Civil War.
- Doctor Strange is the second Marvel movie (besides Winter Soldier) that has bored Wyatt into talking during the movie.
- I still love how the end of Doctor Strange is told in reverse (could be the best Marvel movie ending of all time). Also love the way “magic” looks and the overall special effects. Solid effects movie.
Tonight, we act as if Thor: The Dark World never happened and that Thor: Ragnarok is the official continuation of Thor’s story. I enjoyed Ragnarok the first time through the Marvel movies… and I’m hoping my opinion doesn’t change like it did with Winter Soldier (which is very talky and a tad boring).