Friday nights have become movie nights in the Hall household.
We’ve made a bit of progress since my initial post. We no longer have to get movies from the library (which is still an excellent/free option) now that we have Disney+. Below, I thought I’d give a quick updated list as to where we are in our Marvel journey:
Iron Man (2008) The Incredible Hulk (2008) – Skipped. Iron Man 2 (2010) Thor (2011) Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) Marvel’s The Avengers (2012) Iron Man 3 (2013) Thor: The Dark World (2013) – Skipped. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) – Skipped.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- Ant-Man (2015)
- Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- Doctor Strange (2016)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- Black Panther (2018)
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- Captain Marvel (2019)
Avengers: Endgame (2019) Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
Captain American: The Winter Soldier was the first Marvel movie Wyatt looked bored watching.
“Are they going to fight soon?”
Within minutes, Nick Fury was thankfully being pummeled by bad guys.
- I love how Winter Soldier is super hero spy movie. The movie showcases how much fun the Marvel movies can be when they are coupled with another movie genre.
- As the Marvel movies progress, especially from The Avengers on, they feel as if they are getting longer in run time and feature more and more talking. I’ve started to miss the brisk nature of the earlier films.
Avengers: Age of Ultron is one of the first Marvel films I remember disliking when I first viewed it. (Well, maybe that isn’t true, I disliked Thor 2 with a passion.) The story felt like a mess, and I hated Ultron as a character. Watching the Marvel movies the second time around, I’ve enjoyed many of the films I originally liked more and have even come to appreciate/love Iron Man 3 (which I had previously hated due to the way they handled the Mandarin). Can’t wait to see if my opinion changes on Ultron.
One thought on “Friday Night Movie – Avengers: Age of Ultron”