I am passionate about:
- Solid Bible teaching. I want to see fellow Christians challenged in their faith straight from the Bible.
- Keeping the focus solely on the Gospel and not on personal preferences.
- The videogames industry being influenced with the love of Christ. I’m still not sure what this looks like, whether it includes handing out beer and Bibles, but I’m always processing this one. Currently I am exploring starting a GameCell at my church.
- Helping others avoid the same mistakes that the Internet helped me make. I want parents to be aware of the parental controls on their children’s devices; I want individuals to take preventative steps to protect themselves from the wild west of the Internet.
- Blogging. Yeah, you wouldn’t know it from my posting frequency, but I have always enjoyed sharing my life and what I’m learning with you. I love writing and it is not something I allow myself the time to do enough.
Working the 8-5 grind, I often get lulled into patterns that prevent me from focusing on my passions. This walking dead-like slumber causes me to forget how much I love my wife and son and how blessed I am to have them in my life. I am noticing that it is only through being intentional with what I consume media-wise/what I do daily that I am able to overcome this personal apathy.
So what about you? What are you passionate about?
4 thoughts on “Passion”
This is awesome! How are things going with the GameCell at your church? What does the leadership think of it thus far?
I emailed my pastor on the GameCell concept this morning. I’ll keep ya posted! 🙂
There are groups reaching out to Gamers. Google up Fans for Christ, Christian gamers guild and Gamer Church. I will be Pastor of small a group at my church for Gamers, Artists Poets, Goths and other not served and under served groups this fall.
Very cool and exciting to be setting forth as a pastor. I wish you the best!
I am looking into starting a local Game Cell. You can read about it here: http://lovesubverts.com/2013/07/gamecell-3/