Gaming-wise, 2011 was a high mark for me as a gamer. I completed more games last year than I ever have in my gaming career. Part of this has to do with how much I enjoy gaming on the PS3; the other part being how short games are becoming. In 2011, I completed:
- Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune – Which was excellent.
- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves – Which was even better.
- Call of Duty Black Ops – A massive disappointment due to boring set pieces and a ho-hum story line.
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – One of the greatest games I’ve ever played. A roller-coaster screaming to be ridden at least once. I wrote a few words about the game’s “No Russian” mission you can read here.
I also played a few other games last year:
- Enslaved – Repetitive level design bored me.
- Mario Galaxy 2 – Still working through it.
- Final Fantasy 13 – Gave up on it due to a hard to follow story line.
- Dragon Age Origins – Nothing fresh to see here.
- Tiny Tower – You can a few words about it here.
- L.A. Noire – I have a love/ hate relationship with L.A. Noire. The game is amazing in what it does but becomes highly repetitive over time. I came within 4 cases of finishing this game. 4 cases! I will no doubt pick this up again when I have the time and drive to plow through to the end. I did learn a few lessons from L.A. Noire which you can read about here.
- Batman: Arkham Asylum – I’m truthfully not sure what I think about this game. It did make me question what I play in front of my 2 year old, which you can read about here.
- inFamous – Cool game with a great concept. Somehow not compelling enough for me to finish.
I‘m sure there were more games that I played but I can’t think of them right now. What did gaming in 2011 look like for you?