Welcome to my second journal for iPhone/iPod Touch app Dungeon Hunter. Every once in a blue moon I’ll post an update on my progress through the game. Be sure to check back often!
The town of Thamos quickly gave way to the South Road, and soon I found myself engaging in blade-to-blade negotiations with the bandits that ruled over it. Turns out that the bandits had stolen some cargo belonging to one of the towns inhabitants. Being the awesome guy that I am (or that my character is), I stormed into the Bandit’s Lair and dispatched the villains immediately. After that, I killed creatures in the Thamos Well, explored the Windmill searching for a fairy*, and searched the Catacombs and Cathedral for relics.
*I should note at this point that the fairy subplot was sprung on my quite unexpectedly. I had originally thought that the fairy which had awoken my character in the beginning of the game, Celest, would only serve to function in a Navi sort of role. I was wrong in my assumption. Instead, fairies serve as an Area of Effect (AoE) attack to damage multiple enemies at the same time. In my travels thus far, I have obtained three fairies: 1.) Celest, lightening bolts, 2.) Wetty, ice storm, 3.) Windy, hurricane.
- The music is quite good! I actually want to play with headphones.
- Catacombs and Cathedral share common art assets (walls, lamps, etc.).
- Button control for selecting secondary attacks is not as responsive as it should be (ie attacks are hard to cycle between).
- I had to retread the opening level (Catacombs) to obtain an item. While this is a clever reuse of a completed area, I am hoping that this is not something that is repeated throughout the game.
- Loading is sometimes long. However, loading is not present once in-game
Join me next time.