.: God :
What does it mean to be a man?
Mark Driscoll believes that the transition from boyhood to manhood is marked by the following 5 events:
1. Leave your parents home.
2. Finish education/ vocational degree.
3. Start a career-track job vs. a dead-end job.
4. Meet/ marry a woman.
5. Have children.
- Not everyone is “called” to marry.
- I agree that no transitional event marks when one becomes a man.
- There is nothing wrong with marrying later in life.
- Being single does not equal being irresponsible.
- Playing videogames/ interest in videogames is not a sign of immaturity. Videogames are as valid as a hobby as sports. (I agree when Mark speaks of how dumb it is when people throw their lives away playing videogames.)
.: Life :
“Yesterday, December 7, 1941—a date which will live in infamy—the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
.: Gaming :
Recently Syp over @ Bio Break had a great post that outlined a year of free-to-play MMO’s. This got me thinking, why not play an MMO a week? Sounds like the ultimate MMO tourist challenge to me! As you might have guessed from the header above, I have decided to play Maple Story this week. Time for some quirky Korean fun! Thoughts and comments will be shared in next week’s Surf Report (12/14/09). Stay tuned.
That is it for this weeks Surf Report. Make sure to comment below and have a good week!