SpongeBob and his starfish pal Patrick have screwed up, big time. While playing with a magic bubble wand, they destroyed their home town, Bikini Bottom. Join them as they team up to explore 7 strange new worlds in an effort to save Sandy Cheeks, Mr. Krabs, Pearl, Gary, and Squidward.
What We Loved
- The original voice actors from the SpongeBob cartoon show, voice the characters which makes a good storyline even better.
- The platforming reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey with a little bit of Rayman Legends.
- Just when you think you have all the secret moves, the game gives you more. My favorite is the scaring move, which you use to destroy the anglerfish in the Halloween world.
What We Disliked
- Technical glitches. The game starts freezing up after World 3. This game needs stinking patches!
- The wormhole sequence, when traveling to and from a world, is a wasted opportunity. What is essentially a loading screen segment screams for you to be collecting barnacles and even Krabby Patties.
In the End
SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake is an excellent platformer set within the quirky world of Bikini Bottom. The game is perfect for pass-n-play gameplay or just playing solo. If you are looking for a fun and easy platformer, with some unique bubble wand fighting, SpongeBob is the game for you.
5 – Just buy it already
Title: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake
Developer: Purple Lamp, Purple Lamp Game Development GmbH
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Platform: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows
Reviewed On: PlayStation 4
Review by Wyatt Hall & Bryan Hall
*SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake was reviewed using a code provided by EvolvePR.