A friend recently asked me what games would be good for him and his girlfriend to play together. Below is a list I compiled in response:
- Animal Crossing: City Folk – Imagine the depressed creatures from the “Where the Wild Things Are” movie, hopped up on happy pills, and enslaved to a mob boss named Tom Nook. Good times abound as you work to pay off your mortgage, plant trees, and interact with animals far too dependent on your existence. The best part of all, teaching the animals new slang words!
- Trauma Center: New Blood – Make incisions, perform surgeries with the aid of the “Healing Touch”, and wade through all the drama that exists within a hospital. Trauma Center allows you to play co-op surgeries with your friends and family. Sudden game difficulty spikes put a damper on things but do not let that get you down.
- World of Goo – Tucked away on WiiWare, World of Goo is a puzzle game that forces players to use their resources wisely while building goo-structures to win.
- Other Mentions – Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree, Mario Kart Wii, Excite Truck, Wii Sports Resort, New Super Mario Brothers Wii.
– Games that allow the second player to assist –
- Super Mario Galaxy – One of the main reasons I bought a Wii, Super Mario Galaxy allows the second player to help collect items as well as stop enemies. My wife and I beat this game together.
- Zack & Wiki – While I have no first hand experience with this game, I have heard that it is well worth looking past the crazy cover art.
Think I missed something? Let me know in the comments!