Saturday afternoon, Wyatt was dropped off to spend quality time with Tabitha’s parents. We spent the rest of the weekend celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary. Eating all the good foods (burgers in our case, we love them!), watching all the movies (Crazy Rich Asians), and just enjoying time alone together.
I love Tabitha. It’s amazing to look back and see how God has written our story:
- How we met by bumping into each other, in the dark, at a “scare-em into Heaven” evangelistic haunted house (we were playing brother and sister in the play).
- The extra year we spent dating, after Tabitha’s parents told me that they didn’t have peace in me marrying their daughter (the relationship I have now, with her parents, because I respected them, is amazing).
- Wyatt arriving a month early and all that that entailed.
- Buying a house. Escaping the duplex that was quickly growing too small for our family.
- Tabitha retiring from 8 years of teaching public school to become a stay-at-home mom (something she had always wanted).
- Our decision to homeschool Wyatt. This was a big one, a choice that came about due to our local public school failing him.
God has allowed us to do so many things and has blessed our family in many different ways. I’m thankful for a God who doesn’t always answer with a quick yes. He has taught me that being told no or even told to wait has led to some of the best outcomes (this continues to be a hard lesson).
If we were reminded of anything this weekend it’s that we NEED time alone together. Going to start working on that in 2019.
To my wife, I love you. Thank you for your guidance, support, and growing older with me. Our story is still being written, even when we don’t completely understand what the Author is doing (He is still in control and is good). I love you, baby. Here is to another 12 years. – Bryan